Here are some things I'm looking forward to or currently enjoying (don't think I'll look back on the "bad" stuff after all, it's behind us now!)
* Clean alpacas in the fields! (In late summer, our humidity is high and they roll a lot in their dust piles, subsequently looking like little muddy pigs. I like them better like this! That's Rosa, one of our Maremma guardian dogs).
* Fall trail riding, this Saturday at Cave Run Lake with Paul and Mirian, then next weekend away with my Gallop Girl friends.
* A baby shower for my niece Amanda and lots of baby knitting for pregnant friends and family members.
* Regular, unrushed quiet times doing things like walking along our leaf-covered river trail.
* And the big event... the countdown is on for Mirian and I to go on a working medical mission trip in Peru with Quechua Benefit. (34 more days, as I've already been reminded a few times today alone, can you tell somebody's excited!?)
I'll be detailing our trip more and more as the time grows nearer, but wanted to get the word out that we're collecting unopened over-the-counter pain medicines to take along. If you would like to help, please send or bring to us boxes of aspirin, ibuprofen, baby aspirin, etc. The people whom we'll be assisting live in an incredibly cold and harsh high-altitude environment and deal with a lot of pain on a regular basis. This is our small way of helping.... and you can, too!