Friday, November 13, 2009

Phenomenal Peru

If I could, I would simply post photos here that would tell the story of our adventures in Peru so far. Since I cannot and have limited time, I will have to post a few highlights here....

First few days were incredibly exhausting between the bumpy roads, high altitude (we have now been at close to 16,000 feet!), lack of sleep (1.5 hours on first travel night), but the adrenaline of helping so many people (over 1,500 patients seen to date) has kept us all going and we are all catching up slowly on rest and acclimating to the altitude and food.

The experience has been amazing for Mirian... she has seen so many special people from her past and celebrated her 14th birthday at the orphanage the evening we arrived in Macusani (after spending the entire afternoon at Accoyo).
I am writing from an internet cafe in Macusani, with the sounds and smells of town wafting in from outside and beckoning us back out to experience more. I will write more when we get to Cusco, but for now let me just say that God is so good, I have witnessed miracles this week and I cant wait to share more later. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are okay and having an unbelievable and fruitful trip with a fantastic team of people. More soon....
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Fantastico!

Zena Suri Alpacas said...

I am in awe. You are doing wonderful, needed work while experiencing life to the fullest. You are like a little pebble thrown into a calm pond. The splash is not huge. But oh, the ripples!

Love, peace, and prayers for a safe trip.