Friday, July 16, 2010

Fiber Friday

I've not made as much time for fiber pursuits lately, as I tend to need big blocks of time to maintain the concentration I require to be creative. I have, however, made time for a little bit of spinning as part of the Tour de Fleece (a fun, self-imposed competition which is a "spin" on the Tour de France). I recently spun up most of the merino-angora blend that I had purchased at the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival.
I'm always trying to come up with new ideas for projects using our alpaca fiber that aren't dependent on cold weather or the correct fit. I've started making some jewelry with beads that I felt from hand-dyed roving (as well as glass beads)! These are earrings that I recently made, and they can be purchased along with some cool and colorful bracelets and necklaces at Damselfly Gallery in Midway. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I love those earrings. I've tried felting but I just haven't got the hang of it yet.

AllyB said...

Love the colors of your handspun. The earrings look like lots of fun.