Monday, May 9, 2011

Bio-Magnificence!

I know that I've posted a ton of animal photos lately, hope you don't mind! They are a big part of our lives around here, and even though you'd think we might get our fill my daughter and I took a field trip today to the Cincinnati Zoo. Zoo visits are a great way to reinforce reading, geography, map-reading, and of course biology, and are definitely not just for little kids. I have fond memories of going to the Cincinnati Zoo with my high school art class, sketchbooks in hand!
It was a beautiful day and something we'd been looking forward to doing for quite a while, and it was a time that won't be forgotten. I tried to remember my Word of the Year, Presence, and to enjoy each part of the day with this fun and lovely daughter that is growing up so quickly! I treasured each time she took my hand, knowing that these occasions are likely numbered and reminiscing with gratitude about the years of bonding that it took to get to this place.
The photos speak for themselves, there are so many magnificent creatures that we are lucky to experience here on God's green earth (and for most, only at the zoo).








Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

So glad you all had a great day! Wonderful pictures.