Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall.... Festivals and FIBER!

Hand-dyed and homegrown alpaca yarn
Yesterday I started a day of working in my fiber studio early, having anticipated some quiet time in which I hoped to get a lot of felting and dyeing done (and I did!). I've got a few days to catch my breath during the week now, with the kids well back into the school groove, but weekends will be nuts for a while.

Hand-dyed and hand-felted silk and alpaca shawl

This coming weekend is the Midway Fall Festival and I always like to have a lot of handmade inventory ready. I'll have alpacas there, along with yarn and fiber, felted hats, woolly soaps, cat toys, nuno felt scarves and shawls, socks, purses, sweaters, blankets, etc. Please introduce yourself if we haven't yet met! In addition, next weekend (the 25th and 26th), Seldom Scene Farm will be at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill for Alpaca Farm Days. We'll be set up with about 15 other Kentucky alpaca breeders to celebrate Alpaca Harvest Weekend and National Alpaca Farm Days at Shaker Village. This is a beautiful setting and always a lot of fun, and I'll have lots of products and alpacas there as well.
Hand-dyed and hand-felted alpaca and silk scarf

As you can see, my colorways have a decidedly fall theme. I love fall for many of the reasons that my friend Dianne does! Hopefully there'll be a bit of crispiness in the air this weekend to get everyone in the fall spirit!

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

All those yarns look simply beautiful Lindy!! Such wonderful shading....makes me want to get my knitting needles out. I hope the show goes well for you; wish I could be there.
Thanks for being kind about Grace!!
Linda :-)

MaLinda said...

Your colors are beautiful and the shawl is simply luscious.

Linda said...

You continue to amaze me with all you do Lindy! I love your beautiful fall colors. Good luck to you at your events.

Melissa said...

Beautiful creations. Wish I could see the festival. It sounds wonderful.

dawn224 said...

uuuugh. I am *always* out of town/state when the good stuff happens. I live in Lex - want to come see your farm some day.