Friday, February 10, 2012

On a hat splurge!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to join some friends for another great retreat filled with fun and fiber.  My friend Marti sums it up well here on her blog, with a beautiful video of our escapades.  The photos taken around our weekend "home" at Shakertown really convey the serenity of the setting!  We stayed in the beautiful Brick Tanyard house, and despite rumors of it being haunted the only spirit presence felt there was one of a friendly cat jumping on someone's bed!
I haven't been in much of a knitting mood lately, which is fine as I've enjoyed concentrating on my feltmaking.  It was a little awkward at first to do wet felting in a room of people who were mostly sitting and spinning or knitting, but I soon got in a groove.  I started making hats and then couldn't stop!  Sadly, the first one and the one for which I spent the most time (above) by far didn't meet my standards....  I was playing with using cotton for some nuno instead of silk and I love the effect (around the band of the pillbox), but I kept making the crown part too flimsy despite 3 attempts! Oh, well....







These hats and a few more are now in my Etsy store.  I'm trying, really trying to get things up in there, and have added some other new items as well!  Have a great weekend, everyone :)

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Andria said...

Oh my goodness your hats are so impressive. You are so creative!

Unknown said...

They are all SO cute! I think the first one would have to be my favorite though.

Heather Woollove said...

Wow, were you ever productive!!! Great hats!
I'd love to come along on some of your fiber adventures one day!! :)

Carlin said...

I like the "architectural feel" of the 2nd and 3rd hats pictured.

Melissa Plank said...

LOVE them all, you were busy and very creative!!! great job!

WonderWhyGal said...

Beautiful work. I love your hats.

Spinster Beth said...

Wow! I love them!

Kathryn Ray said...

Between you and Heather I find myself wanting to take a felting class. I love your hats. :-)

Lindy and Paul said...

Thanks so much for all of the nice feedback! It's always fun to hear which hats people like, but they all seem to find homes :)

Unknown said...

Wow. They are beautiful. My favorite is the green hat with the blue brim and little hanging bits off the top. Lovely!

Lindy and Paul said...

Thanks, Jess, that's my favorite, too!

AllyB said...

Those are beautiful hats!

Yarn Changer said...

Those are great. The first one looks awesome to me. What a wonderful setting.