Friday, February 17, 2012

My Green Phase

I definitely get stuck on certain colors or color combinations from time to time in my fiber work, this time it's green! (My newest hat can be found in my Etsy store).   I guess it's my annual desire for spring, though we have hardly had a winter at all!  (That could change this weekend, according to the forecast for Sunday in Kentucky!)
What's funny is that we are undergoing a kitchen re-do (updating after 20 years in our home... this is the last time you'll see the light blue formica countertops in the background of my photos).  The cabinets have been painted a green called Olive Sprig, then lightly glazed- LOVE them!
My honey gave me this lovely plant for Valentine's Day- the green foliage is prettier than the flowers themselves.
When Hoss and I take our woods walks, I'm always on the lookout for green.... here, moss-covered rocks piled up on the hill.... I always wonder who stacked them there, how long ago, and why?
Now I'm off to my studio to work... and after writing this I can't stop noticing the green!
 Daffodils soon to bloom by the studio...
 A lichen-covered stick on the steps...
And more precious green fiber!


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, so much fun reading your post. Greens are my favorite colors. Your felted hat is stunning and so are your freshly painted cabinets!

Melissa Plank said...

Our eyes like to find the same beautiful, organic colors and shapes, I just loved your pictures! The cupboards are so beautiful and I love the spiral pulls/knobs!

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Great hat! Great color for your kitchen cabinets. I have to say, after complaining about not having much of a winter, I'm beginning to like this warmish weather and I think it feels like spring is in the air.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beautiful greens!

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh, I love green too... especially this time of year. I think because it's a little surprising to see it in the midst of winter. :-)

I love your cabinets too... and the door pulls.

Yay for soon to be daffodiles... we won't see any until April at the soonest.

Your hat is awesome! I don't know why, but I really like the spiral. I don't usually go for that sort of thing. :-)

WonderWhyGal said...

That hat is so much fun. I love the colors and the texture. Your felting is so inspiring.

I can't believe that you have daffodils already. I'm still waiting for Winter to dump on us.

Andria said...

Another amazing hat! I love all the greens. We had a mild winter too, and yet I still cannot wait for spring.

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

Oh I love that hat - beautiful combination of colours and such a pleasing shape! Great to see spring blooms, we've got a lovely sunny day here in Yorkshire, so I may just venture out and see if I can find any signs of spring here! Liz x

Unknown said...

So beautiful... really love your hats. Green in general is something I'm always on the lookout. I've found it sneaking into my monsters more and more lately too.