Monday, March 5, 2012

March... in like a lion!

The past few weeks have been eventful, as my Mom has been ill and I've been to Ohio a bunch. This past weekend I headed off with friends to Tennessee for the Southern Select Alpaca Show.  I was on edge Friday as the weather predictions for the entire region were ominous... I've never heard such strong warnings about potential tornadoes and for the first time I can remember the schools in our county were let out early due to the storm potential.
As I was reaching Tennessee, my husband and kids were hunkering down on the farm... we avoided any damage, but there was HUGE hail for a very short time.  Check out this photo!  Yes, that is an egg in there for size reference.  To give you an idea of the weird weather, it was 83 degrees when we reached Shelbyville, TN and as we came home last night we were trying to beat an incoming snow storm!  There were tornadoes in our vicinity, and I was really uneasy being in a strange place during warnings but we avoided any problems.  My heart goes out to those people in the towns that were devastated by the storms, and for those that lost loved ones....

The show was a lot of fun, and the highlight was a blue ribbon and Reserve Championship for 8 month old SSF Michelangelo's Oprah (at top)!  As always, it was fun to reunite with old friends and to admire lots of beautiful alpacas.
Last week I picked these beautiful daffodils from the yard, and this morning we woke up to about 5 inches of snow!  It's just gorgeous out there, and not too cold to enjoy it. Hoss and I went out for an early walk to enjoy the winter wonderland as I know it won't last long; he loves it!











Pin It Now!

3 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Congrats and beautiful snow pictures! That hail...

Heather Woollove said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's illness. I hope she will be in good health again very soon.
I LOVE the long vest you're wearing in the ring!! Awesome!!!!
(Did you make it?!?) XXO-

Lindy and Paul said...

Heather, I didn't make the vest (a favorite of mine), but everyone always asks and they also wonder if it's alpaca (it's not). Someone said I should just start saying yes and yes!