Friday, October 24, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking


I recently discovered a new hobby… digital scrapbooking. It should be useful and have some overlap with a lot of the other things I like to do. I kind of enjoy traditional scrapbooking, though I haven’t done a lot of it and am turned off by some of the emphasis on perfection and the lack of authenticity which is common (though not always so!) I love and covet fancy papers (not quite as much as yarn!), and a friend in advertising always told me I should have pursued graphic arts or been an art director. I do some of our most simple advertising, but am even more interested in the possibilities of creating with a hybrid of my own art, digital photos and other realistic-looking digital elements which can be purchased and downloaded or scanned.
I bought the software program Adobe Photoshop Elements a few months ago, but hadn’t found the time to learn to perform more than the most basic functions, and was frustrated when I tried to learn on my own as it is complicated with hundreds of features. I stumbled across an inexpensive online class at
www.jessicasprague.com which teaches Photoshop in a class called Up and Running, with an emphasis on digiscrapping; here are my first two layouts. I can’t wait to learn more, and see all kinds of possibilities for using Photoshop here on the blog, on yarn labels, and with scrapbooking the highlights of my children’s lives!
Pin It Now!

No comments: