Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fun Son and Darling Daughter!

Forgive my recent lack of blogging, I don't know where the time has been going lately!!! I'm in a completely different mode now that it's spring, a good mode, but really busy. Paul has been in China, which has meant lots of running/taxiing for me. We're all missing him and will be SOOO glad when he's back here at Seldom Scene.

I've enjoyed the extra car time I've had with Robert, who normally dashes in and out of the house during the week now that he has lacrosse after school. It's fun to rediscover how great your kids are from time to time, and he is a REALLY good one (very fun, too!) We stopped for ice cream at my favorite haunt, Wallace Station, the other day.

After that, he played a little bit of, "look at me, Mom, take my picture, Mom", while on his dirt bike. Motorcycles aren't something that I was raised around (my mom still abhors them to this day), but I think there's some benefit in it for young country boys, especially. (This is only about a 4 second video- take a look! I made it with my tiny Flip Mino video camera).
I've found a bit more time to sew, and my new hobby is coming right along! I made these purses (Lazy Girl Runaround Bag pattern), the pink and brown one for Mirian and the blue for myself. Rather proud of myself, I am!
The pocket on Mirian's ended up on the front rather than the back, but she likes it that way- sometimes mistakes happen for a reason, ya know? I even learned how to put in a zipper, a very easy skill which I wish I'd learned a long time ago! Wow, pretty and bright fabric, where have you been all my life?
(Fabric on the bottom of the left purse is from Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks line).
Even better, I got Mirian started on using our simple little sewing machine. Just showing her the basics was perfect, as she used her own imagination and crafted a tiny "purse" and a bootie for our cat, Sushi! She is one creative girl!
Pin It Now!

No comments: