Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Do You Know Nuno?

....Nuno felting, that is. It's a very cool technique for producing light-weight, gauzy products with alpaca or wool laminated/felted onto silk and I'm really loving it! It's a great way to combine dyeing and felting, and the end product is ethereal and gorgeous.I was in heaven this morning in the studio, with projects in various stages and lots of dyeing taking place, too. I love the methods I use for dyeing silk, and plan to make silk scarves and finished scarves and shawls available on my Etsy site soon so that people can use them for their own projects (or just wear them as-is!). (This one may just have to stay with me, I'm going to put an abalone button on it).
This coming weekend is the Southern Select Alpaca Show, and whatever I don't sell there will be posted on Etsy, with more to come.
Munchie was keeping me company this morning. I never could previously figure out why he didn't like hanging out in the studio with me, when he's always nearby in the house. Finally, I set up a cushy spot for him in my padded office chair WITH a plush sheep hide on top- how could I have forgotten that he's all about comfort, and a simple rug on the wood floor was simply not good enough, and made him feel like a D-O-G? Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I'm envious of all the room you have in your beautiful studio (my dream - I have a whole corner of the basement right now).
Your Nuno felting is gorgeous - I love the photo that shows how ethereal it really is.

Your Munchie is so cute!

WonderWhyGal said...

Oh! Your Nuno is gorgeous! I want to learn how to do that eventually. We have a Munckin too except he's a Schnauzer. Thank you for sharing in Fiber Arts Friday. I look forward to seeing what ribbons you bring home with your creations at show.

Allison said...

Once again, your photos are great. I love felting and you are inspiring me to try Nuno, although not on such a grand scale!

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE LOVE LOVE that! I haven't ever seen/heard of Nuno before; now I'm going to have to investigate further. Those are beautiful!!! Can't wait to see your Etsy update!

Jess

thecrazysheeplady said...

These are beautiful, Lindy!