Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Time for creativity

This has been a good week so far, and I think I know why. First of all, it is feeling like spring will come around sometime soon.... I saw my first foals of the year this past weekend, and heard a tom turkey gobbling yesterday morning. It's a LOT warmer, and even our koi fish are visible in their pond after hiding out for weeks during the bitter cold. I got to have lunch yesterday with Marti and MB, the first time the three of us were together in months, and it felt so good to be laughing with them again.
Our new farm manager is back and getting into her routine, and best of all I've found a little bit of time to be creative! I got on a roll with some needle felting, and here are some of the results. I have lots of alpaca fiber dyed up to use for soaps and other projects, and it's so fun to pull out bits here and there for quick projects like these. Just for a few days, I'm trying to procrastinate without guilt... and not think about the billing, taxes, and other tasks that are always waiting in the wings.
All of the projects shown here can be found at Truly Bluegrass in downtown Versailles. I have taken new Seldom Scene alpaca yarn in, too, and will be adding more in the next week or so. I don't know about you, but having a chance to make things is great for my spirit at this gloomy time of year. What are you working on these days?
Pin It Now!

No comments: