Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Fire is So Delightful!

Like much of the rest of the country, we've been having wintry weather earlier than usual. Last night we had our first somewhat serious stuff, freezing rain followed by a couple of inches of lofty snow... and it's still coming! Everyone was feeling rather festive, and Mirian couldn't wait to have a fire in the fireplace. (I love this picture with the fire reflecting on her face- I wish she could know how beautiful she is, but I suppose that's a challenge for most every 13-year-old girl).

We made some pomanders with tangerines and cloves, and she toasted marshmallows. There's no school today, and I have lots of projects and baking ready! I plan to make my mom's homemade caramels, as well as some Chrismas cookies.Paul always loves this weather, as he sells snow removal equipment, generators, and salt spreaders at his business. He may not admit it, but he also enjoys the challenge of driving from our remote farm to work on a snowy morning, making the first tracks to head out of our deadend road on a morning when there is no school.

I used a random number generator for the prize drawing for the alpaca socks, and the winner is....... DIANNE! Thanks to everyone for participating. I don't know who Hornblower is, but I do have a hunch and hope to confirm that if I happen to see him over the holidays.

I hope you enjoy some miscellaneous photos I took around the farm today.
Pin It Now!

No comments: