Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maine Morning Mitts

A tiny bit of knitting therapy and some good rest are making me feel human again as I've recovered from our long weekend but ended up with a cold. I had hoped to finish these Maine Morning Mitts/fingerless gloves (more Christmas knitting) while on our trip, but there was hardly a down minute and when things did slow down each night, I crashed!

I recently saw these in Magpie Yarn, and learned that the pattern is available on Ravelry and here for free. Many of the Ravelry projects show it using Noro Kuryon (as is shown here), but I am realizing that many recipients may not like the fact that the two mitts don't match. I honestly think that I'll do the next pair (and I do feel sure I'll knit many more) in some handspun/hand-dyed yarn of my own.

I do think they make the perfect hand-made Christmas gift- little to no sizing involved, quick but unique, and something that anyone can use!

Don't forget to comment on yesterday's post to be eligible to win a pair of alpaca socks, shipping included. (I'll even ship to someone else, if you want to send them as a gift!)
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really love the colouring in these! and made from handspun would look great too :)

Dianne MacDonald said...

Very cute! Thanks for reminding me of this pattern. I'm ready to give up on getting all the scarves finished and this would be a good substitute for the "girl" gifts.

blueberries in the fields said...

i love these, too bad i do not have anytime left for last minute x-mas gifts. What is the colorway of this kureyon yarn?
happy x-mas !