Monday, November 24, 2008

Loving a Rainy Day and Monday!

Back in the summer I was having some down times and wrote about one particular yucky Monday. Well, it's really rainy outside now, but I am content to have some quiet time to nest, knit, blog, cook, and plan out the week. With Mirian home several consecutive days with a cough and the kid's break coming up, I am coveting the little bit of quiet time that I have this morning.
Above is another Noro stripe scarf that I'm finishing up for a Christmas present, this one with Seldom Scene Farm rose grey alpaca and Noro color 2023. I love the combination of natural alpaca with the Noro, and it is incredibly soft after washing and blocking. If you're a regular knitting blog reader, you may be getting sick of seeing pictures of this scarf, but like the Yarn Harlot, I'm not tired of knitting them yet! The easy pattern allows lots of time for my own thoughts, or listening to music or podcasts- I love mindless knitting this time of year when so much of my time is filled with multi-tasking! We're excited to have lots of family and a few friends coming in for Thanksgiving! I spent a lot of time yesterday chopping vegetables for various dishes and making a breakfast casserole for the morning after. Hopefully, my last grocery stop is behind me and I'm completely stocked up for the week. Now that our house is under control, I feel like I can better enjoy cooking and not stress so much about my dirty house. That is a huge accomplishment for me!

If I don't get to write again, I wish you all a safe and healthy Thanksgiving!






Pin It Now!

No comments: